Welcome to the Rochelle Area Track Club.
We are looking forward to the SUMMER 2019 track season !
Our track club is entering its 42nd season of
participation in youth track and field.
We want to thank you for your support and participation.
WHAT IS THE ROCHELLE AREA TRACK CLUB ?
- The RATC is a private track club open to all Rochelle, Illinois area youth and adults ages 6-99 who are interested in developing their skills in track and field. The club has been serving Rochelle area youth since 1978.
- We are a member of the Illinois Association of USA Track and Field (USATF).
- RATC coaches provide track and field instruction in a positive and fun atmosphere. The club will host the 42nd annual Rochelle Invitational on June 15th, 2019 and will travel to several Northern Illinois area track meets.
- Practices are held each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, June 4th-July 25th.
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. (no practices the week of July 4th)
- There are several area track meets the RATC athletes will compete in. The meets are usually held on Saturdays and all meets are optional. Transportation and supervision to/from track meets is the responsibility of the athletes parents/guardians.
- Club members don't need to be at every practice and meet to participate.
WHERE ARE PRACTICES HELD?
- Practices are held at the Creason Athletic Complex track at Rochelle Township High School, located at 1401 Flagg Rd in Rochelle.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- The cost to join is $50.00 per athlete which covers the ($25.00) cost of their required USATF membership, limited insurance, a club t-shirt, and access to club training equipment and facilities. An additional $2 to $5 per event is charged for each track meet event an athlete signs up for during the season. No fee is charged for club members' events at our home meet.
- A $40. refundable fee is also collected to run our home track meet. One person per family is required to volunteer at the track meet in order to receive the refund. If a family member can't work the money is used to hire a person to help.