RATC TRACK MEET INFORMATION
- There are several track meets in the Northern Illinois area that we will compete in. They are usually on Saturdays. Specific instructions including driving directions will be given to the athletes at practice when this information becomes available.
- Travel to these meets is not provided.
- There are also many other meets USATF members may compete in throughout Illinois. Check for those meets by visiting the USATF Illinois website at www.usatfillinois.org.
- The Illinois State meet and the Regional Junior Olympic meet are large meets where athletes can qualify for USATF Nationals. Please talk to Coach Dobbs if you are interested in attending these meets. Deadlines for signing up for these big meets are usually 2 weeks in advance.
- This year we are looking forward to hosting the 41st annual Rochelle Invitational on Saturday June 16th !
- Many area track clubs and scores of individual athletes from all over Illinois and the surrounding states will come to Rochelle to compete.
- Coaches and individuals who wish to sign up can click here for information. If you have questions email Coach Dobbs.
Youth competitions typically take place in two-year age divisions. These age divisions provide young athletes the opportunity to compete with other athletes of similar ability. The age divisions for competition year 2018 are as follows:
|Age Division||Year of Birth|
|8 & Under (previously Sub-bantam)||2010+*|
|9 - 10 (previously Bantam)||2008-2009|
|11 - 12 (previously Midget)||2006-2007|
|13 - 14 (previously Youth)||2004-2005|
|15 - 16 (previously Intermediate)||2002-2003|
|17 - 18 (previously Young)||2000-2001**|
* Per USATF Rule 300.1 (c) “Athletes must be at least seven (7) years of age on December 31 of the current year to compete at the Youth Athletics or Junior Olympic National Championships.”
** Athletes who are still 18 through the final day of the USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships are eligible to compete in the 17-18 age division through that meet. This extended eligibility does not apply to cross country events.
TRACK MEET RESULTS