- Basic club rules of proper respect and appropriate behavior must be followed at all times. Repeated violation of these rules may result in an athlete being asked to leave the club with no fee refund.
- All athletes should stay with their coach during practice.
- All athletes should wear running shoes, shorts and shirts to practice and meets.
- A water bottle is recommended also.
- USATF membership includes limited insurance coverage which covers athletes and coaches while at practice, at USATF sanctioned meets and while they are in transit to those events.
- Parents should remain behind the track fence during practice if they want to stay and watch. All non-RATC children
- should not be on the track.
- Transportation and supervision to/from track meets is the responsibility of the athletes parents/guardians.
The Rochelle Track Club was started in 1978 and is the oldest active USATF club in the state of Illinois. Don and Sandy Mannel of Rochelle coached the club for many years in what is considered the club's hayday. Kurt Wolter and John Dobbs took the reins for many years and Alison Vrana and Dale Berguson, our current coaches, have all given so much of their time and talent to continuing the clubs successful tradition.
The club boasts many successful high school and college track athletes who got their start in the Rochelle Club.