GENERAL MEET INFORMATION
Athletes may participate in area meets and track events of their choice. Specific instructions for each meet will be given to the athletes at practice when this information becomes available. Usually information on a Saturday meet is handed on Monday and due back to the coaches at Wednesday night's practice. Away meets generally have a $3 to $5 charge per event that an athlete signs up for.
· Travel to these meets is not provided.
· There are also many other meets USATF members may compete in throughout Illinois. Check for those meets by visiting the USATF Illinois website at www.usatfillinois.org.
· The Illinois State meet and the Regional Junior Olympic meet are large meets where athletes can qualify for USATF Nationals. Please talk to Coach Vrana or Coach Bergeson if you are interested in attending these meets.
- The 43rd annual Rochelle Invitational will be held on June 18th, 2022.
- Many area track clubs and scores of individual athletes from all over Illinois and the surrounding states will come to Rochelle to compete.
- Coaches and individuals who wish to sign up can click here for information.
- If you have questions email Coach Vrana.
USATF AGE DIVISIONS
Athletes compete in two year age divisions based on the year of their birth. Use the chart below to determine the group that your athlete will compete in.
|Age Division||Year of Birth|
|8 & Under (previously Sub-bantam)||2014+*|
|9 - 10 (previously Bantam)||2012-2013|
|11 - 12 (previously Midget)||2010-20011|
|13 - 14 (previously Youth)||2008-2009|
|15 - 16 (previously Intermediate)||2006-2007|
|17 - 18 (previously Young)||2004-2005**|
* Per USATF Rule 300.1 (c) “Athletes must be at least seven (7) years of age on December 31 of the current year to compete at the Youth Athletics or Junior Olympic National Championships.”
** Athletes who are still 18 through the final day of the USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships are eligible to compete in the 17-18 age division through that meet. This extended eligibility does not apply to cross country events.
Track & Field Events
100 Meter Dash
200 Meter Dash
400 Meter Dash
800 Meter Run
1500 Meter Run
3000 Meter Run
4 x 100 Meter Relay
4 x 200 Meter Relay
4 x 400 Meter Relay
4 x 800 Meter Relay
300 Meter Hurdles